Many thanks for entering the quiz, winners were Ed Lines and Heather Smithard. Some questions were easy with a bit of googling, others required a bit of lateral thinking. The hardest question was about Quentin’s training which resulted in answers from none to well over 24 hours a week.
- Which club is 50 this year?
- Who do you associate with these numbers? 6, 13, 214, 516, 36300
- How many Lakes are there in the Lake District?
- How many Lakes 5 Days have there been?
- Who recorded this winning time this summer 6:40:20 ?
- What is the volume of Haweswater, to the nearest million m3 ?
- And how long is the pipeline between Haweswater and Manchester?
- How many hours training does Quentin Harding do per week?
- If someone asks you werst thew of te what do they mean?
- liggin' kessin is what some may be this week. What does it mean?
- South Ribble
- Steve Birkinshaw who this June completed all 214 of the tops in the Wainwright guides in 6 days, 13 hours, covering 516 km and climbing 36300 m in the process.
- 1, Bassenthwaite is the only one with Lake in it’s name.
- 6 in total. 5 and this one was also accepted.
- Nigel and Fiona Bunn in the Harter Fell class of the Saunders Mountain Marathon
- 77 million
- 72 miles (115 km) between Haweswater and Heaton Park Reservoir
- No-one got this spot on. The answer was an average of 7.3 hours. Other answers that may have been accepted were, “too much” or “enough”
- Where are you off to?
- Lying on your back, unable to get up, normally used in reference to incapacitated animals
Categorised under: General
The remaining unclaimed lost property will be recycled to beginners or disposed of if not claimed by 12th October.
If you were unable to attend the Prizegiving on Friday, or did not get your Day Prize, you can contact the Entry Secretary to arrange collection. Sue will be at the White Rose and the BOC events in September (at the MDOC feather).
CompassPoint, Ultrasport, Tom’s/Continental Catering and O Nosh will be in attendance at each day’s event; refreshments at the Registration day will be provided by the Auction Mart, Café Ambio.
Printed copies of the final details leaflet can be collected from registration at the Auction Mart on Saturday or at each day's event, you can open/download a preview of it here
The two training maps can now be downloaded. There will be a limited supply of maps at registration / event info, but these may run out and you are recommended to download and print your own maps in advance.